Friday, February 20, 2009

Time and Relationships

I spent much of my time yesterday working on work stuff.

My relationships outside of work stuff suffered. I saw my wife for all of twenty minutes. I talked to colleagues about non-work related stuff not at all. Or nearly not at all. I worked with students as students and student actors.

At the same time, I tried to remember that they are persons - my wife, my colleagues, my students - and not just objects. Maybe, even though our relationships had no content, because I was too busy to let them have content, there was still some positive growth in the relationship.

Like when Sarah B reminded me that I swore in class that I didn't swear and then I swore in rehearsal. We all laughed.

Yeah, that was a good moment and a moment of growth in our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment